Project Green Schools recognizes leaders of all types from school administrators to government and community leaders to outstanding students
Nominate a Green Difference Maker TODAY through our online application!
Project Green Schools honors and recognizes Outstanding National Environmental Education & STEM Education efforts led in our Schools & Communities at our Annual Green Difference Awards.
This event will take place at the MA State House – Great Hall [May -2018]
We honor Green Difference Makers made up of Principals, Teachers, Advisors, Students, Citizens, Schools, School Groups/Clubs, and our Sponsors nationally and internationally at our annual event.
Approximately 25 awards are given out each year in the following areas:
- Outstanding Green Superintendent/Principal
- Outstanding Green Education/Program Director
- Outstanding Green Community Hero
- Outstanding Green Student [Elementary/Middle/High]
- Outstanding Commitment to Greenovation [GREEN + STEM + Innovation]
- Outstanding School-led Sustainability Project in Sports
- Outstanding School-led Project in Energy
- Outstanding Global School-led Project in Climate Action
- SUSTAINABILITY AWARD – Outstanding Environmental Education Program with Proven Track Record of 5 or more years!
- Lifetime Achievement Award for a hero who has dedicated his or her life to Green Education
Additionally, National Green Schools Society Honor Roll Students [100-300 students] are honored and celebrated through this annual recognition program.
National Youth Council students are difference-makers who are invited to participate in important regional, national and world events. Students are given a seat at the table – with government, corporate and professional leaders. They create a feedback loop between leaders and the next generation and make connections which help them find their place in higher education and the workforce.
All students who are in grades 6-12 are eligible to take part in National Youth Council meetings. Quarterly meetings take place on a regional level with video and phone call-in opportunities for students around the country.
The student and youth voice is critical to capture and engage when it comes to environmental stewardship and leadership. Students today will inherit a changed climate and a compromised environment. Student leaders are the future business and political leaders of tomorrow. They deserve a platform, and the National Youth Council services this purpose. Project Green Schools is proud to provide this student leadership forum.
Complete an application today!