NGSS student members:
- Students, individually or as a team, participate in environmental service projects, including STEM projects that have a direct impact on the school and local environment.
- Students are seen as environmental leaders in their school and community.
- Members get real world experience by leading fundraising events, organizing and managing projects, working in teams, and making presentations.
- Students have the opportunity to take on leadership roles on a national level.
- NGSS partners provide project ideas and in many cases school funding for environmental service projects.
- Graduating NGSS student members are honored at graduation with a distinctive NGSS stole when they meet specified requirements showing exemplary environmental stewardship with 100/200/300 service hours in environmental education and service.
- NGSS facilitates student recognition and awards at the state and national level.
- Chapter members use their environmental projects to qualify for scholarships and awards.
- NGSS national works with chapters to maintain momentum for environmental projects, education, and activism – creating vitality for active and productive chapters.
- NGSS’s growing national network of environmental education, non-profit organizations, and business and government partners can help you organize events, programs, and resources. In some cases, partner organizations have funding for specific projects.
- NGSS provides ongoing one-on-one support to your chapter to help you carry on the important work with your students.
- NGSS includes service hours for eSTEM, STEM, and STEAM oriented projects.
- Advisors and faculty receive regular updates, publications, news, and content that will help broaden the chapter’s impact on the environment, school, and students.
NGSS chapter schools or organizations
- Your school or organization will receive a NGSS banner to announce/promote the school’s NGSS chapter.
- Marketing material will be available to each school to help promote the NGSS chapter to students.
- We work collaboratively with our partners, which include non-profit organizations, government agencies, and businesses, to build a robust network of like-minded groups that provide environmental, energy, and sustainability education and literacy programs to k-12 schools.
- Our partners form a strong network that is supportive of NGSS. NGSS promotes their programs, materials, training, projects, and funding opportunities to students and schools.
- Many of our partners and supporters see NGSS as a strategic partner inside schools that can work directly with students and educators to maintain momentum for environmental service projects and student engagement.
- Partner organizations also help us to advocate for students and raise the awareness of student voices as part of environmental policy and education.
- NGSS and partners support social media platforms for greater outreach.
For more information about NGSS, contact: