Project Green Schools honors and recognizes Outstanding Energy, Environmental & STEAM Education efforts led in our Schools & Communities through our Annual Green Difference Awards.
We honor Green Difference Makers made up of Principals, Teachers, Advisors, Students, Citizens, Schools, School Groups/Clubs, and our Sponsors nationally and internationally at our annual event.
Awards are given out this year in the following areas of Outstanding Green/Sustainable Practices in:
- Climate Education and Action
- Food and Agriculture
- Green and Healthy Schools
- Land, Air, Natural World
- Outdoor Learning and Exploration
- STEM and the Future of Sustainability
- Water Conservation
- Waste Management
As well as, Lifetime Achievement Award for a hero who has dedicated his/her/their life to Green Education
Additionally, Green Schools Society Students are honored and celebrated through this annual recognition program.
Do you have students who should be recognized? Learn more here. Applications for National and International Green Schools Society Awards and Recognition is open!
congratulations to our 2022 honorees!
- Atkins Environmental Club – Atkins High School (NC)
- Brayden Wical, Student – Franklin County High School (VA)
- Corinne Akins, Garden and Sustainability Coordinator – Belle Chasse Academy (Housed aboard a Naval Air Station/Joint Reserve Base) (LA)
- George L Catrambone Student Green Team – George L. Catrambone School (NJ)
- 6th Annual King Tide Event: The Seas Are Rising and So Are We – Sea Level Rise Solutions Group (FL)
- Environmental Eagles – Captain Samuel Brown School (MA)
- Reducing Our Carbon Footprint – Flint Hill School (VA)
- North Penn Enact Club – North Penn High School Enact Club (PA)
- OfficialTrashPirates.com (VA)
- Town of Wellesley, Sustainable Wellesley, Wellesley Green Schools – Dana Hall School (MA)
- Aqua/Hydroponics Exploration – Lower Elementary Class Grades 1-3, Woodside Montessori Academy (MA)
- Jessica MacManus, Science Department Chair and STEAM Coach – Meadowbrook School (MA)
- Making Earth Lawyers – Earth Law Center (CO)
- Art & Science in One Program – Cambridge School Volunteers (MA)
- Outdoor Classroom – Bowman Elementary School (AK)
- Bringing the Environment into the Classroom and How to Preserve It – Northeast Elementary School (CT)
- Earth Day/Month Food Waste Warrior “Green” 2 – Week 6Rs Change of Habit Challenge – Foothill Middle School & Mt. Diablo Unified School District (MDUSD) (CA)
- Brook Trout Tales -Taft Early Learning Center (MA)
- Kenny Bae, STEAM Instructor- Wolcott College Prep (IL)
- Katie Ginsberg, Founder and Former Executive Director – Children’s Environmental Literacy Foundation (NY)
- Ecological Metamorphosis… In Tandem with Sustainability – G D Goenka Public School Model Town (India)
- Act Now (India)
- Eco-School Project (Jordan)
- Dhanam Sivalingam – Principal, PSGR Krishnammal Nursery and Primary School (India)